Sunday, April 3, 2011

Another reason to say no to EC

In response to the recent feminist clash over EC (Emergency Contraception) campaigns, Christie tells her EC story in the Abortion Gang blog.  She took EC about an hour after a condom failure.  She had what she thought was a period, indicating that the EC did what it was supposed to do. It didn't.
After 3 weeks of constant bleeding and painful cramps, I finally went to the doctor. As someone with a history of irregular periods, my GYN wasn’t too concerned. Except that, when she ran the pregnancy test, it came up positive.
It wasn't clear to me if Christie's pregnancy was intrauterine or ectopic.  But I would summize that EC can be dangerous.  I would guess that Christie had such a difficult time because she took EC, not because she was pregnant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment