Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Real Life Effect of Pro-Choice Propaganda

I was just reading "Small Town Activist", a post by ProChoiceGal on the Abortion Gang blog.  This type of post saddens me.  To see someone so lost in the world of 'pro-choice activism', that they shun all the good people around them, is heart wrenching!

It was not easy for me to “come out” as an adamant pro-choicer, but when I did, I had no regrets whatsoever. “Coming out” incited a lot of people to also share their opinions on abortion with me, and with that, I got to find out who the pro-choicers are. Yes, my area is so conservative I feel as if I have to take a bath after being in crowded areas, but I found out that there are more pro-choicers out there than I thought. Not only that, but being very vocal about my pro-choice beliefs ended up scaring away a lot of the anti-choicers in my life. So basically, there are more pro-choicers in my life and less antis. It’s a win-win situation. (emphasis is mine)

She also stated:

I live in an area where I know only a small handful of pro-choicers

...which to me means, she has very few real life friends.  What a lonely life she must lead.  This is what is so saddening about a post like this. It shows what can happen when you get totally absorbed by rhetoric, and forget about the people in your life that matter, no matter which side they're on. 

I have previously mentioned ProChoiceGal on this blog. You should check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Your pro-life friends don't 'hate' you for being a woman. They love you for being you. Being a woman is a gift, you seem to have forgotten that.

    ReplyDelete