The appearance of a 6 week embryo is certainly different from the appearance of a 16 week fetus. No one disputes that. What pro-aborts do dispute, is that the result of an abortion at 6 weeks isn’t any different than the result of an abortion at 16 weeks, for the baby that is. The end result is that in both cases, what is a developing human being, is killed.
From Baby2See.com At 6 weeks:
- The embryo has reached a size of about 8 mm (1/4 inch) in length.
- The spinal cord, which until now has been open, is beginning to close.
- The first blood cells and blood vessels are developing.
- Blood moves through these primitive vessels connected to the yolk sac.
- A pipe-shaped heart is formed and begins to beat.
- The brain begins to divide into 5 parts.
- Optic pits form the start of the developing eye.
- The cells destined to be the arms and legs are in place.
The human body is remarkable, and a 6 week embryo has went through some remarkable development in that short amount of time.
Someone posted pictures of her 6 week abortion. Another effort to de-stigmatize the tragedy that is abortion.
We can see the blood, and I’m guessing the “blob of tissue” closest to us, is the gestational sac. Personally, I would like to see the contents of the jar strained out, so Jane could see the embryo she just allowed the abortionist to suck out its not so safe harbor, the womb. It’s likely she would see something like this.
At 6 weeks of pregnancy, my abortion looked very different than the images I saw when I entered the clinic that day. (From Jane’s post)
Yes Jane, at 6 weeks, it would. The actual size of a 6 week embryo is about 1/4 of an inch long. No, it doesn’t look like a newborn, or even a 16 week fetus, but to paraphrase Kathy Ireland, it looks exactly the way it’s supposed to at that stage of development.
Pro-aborts say abortion prevents this ‘blob’ from becoming a newborn. But when you stop and think about it, doesn’t killing a newborn prevent it from becoming a teenager? Think about it. Stop the killing.