Saturday, August 18, 2012

Amanda Marcotte Equates Being Pro-Choice With Being A Slut

I wonder how many Pro-Choice women (and men) cringed when they saw this tweet by pro-abortion Amanda Marcotte.

image

Disclaimer: What is written below is to no way indicate I support the “choice” of abortion, because I don’t.

I for one, know that the “pro-choice” movement, supports all choices, including birth and abortion.  There are clearly many, many pro-choice people who support the movement, not for them-selves, but for other women. 

According to Amanda, if you would never consider having an abortion for yourself, then you are placing yourself above those who would.  You are ‘better’ than they are.  You look at women who abort as sluts.

It will be interesting to watch the backlash from her statement.  Here’s an example, albeit a mild one.  Her response did more damage, in my opinion, than helped the situation.

image

I cringe at the thought of pro-choice women and men defending her statement.  Hopefully, they won’t.  I also hope this brings to light the thinking of those ‘at the top’ of the pro-choice movement, women like Amanda Marcotte.

2 comments:

  1. My experience of pro-choicers is that they do not support the choice to have a baby. When I was 24, my husband and I decided to start our family. When I became pregnant and miscarried, I was told by pro-choice acquaintances, friends, and family that I got what I deserved. When I conceived again, I was pressured by some to abort, ostracized by others, and generally treated like a whore. Things only got worse with my second miscarriage, second successful pregnancy, and third miscarriage.

    The pressure to abort, in the California Bay Area, at least, is very strong. And when a woman becomes pregnant and chooses to have the baby, it is assumed she's only doing it to milk the system.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your experience Harper. Why would your pro-choice aquaintances be so against your giving birth? It's like you were a threat to their agenda or something.

      Delete