Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Car Seat and The Womb

Did you see the New York Post Op-Ed by Susan Heath, "No One Called Me a Slut"?  Nothing like riding the Sandra Fluke wave after Rush Limbaugh referred to her as a slut.  Ms. Heath's article has absolutely nothing to do with birth control coverage.  It's like comparing apples and oranges, but whatever, you want people to read your op-ed, you give it a catchy title.

It’s 1978, five years after Roe v. Wade. I’m 38, I have four sons — the oldest is 17, the youngest is turning 12. I’m at school, getting a B.A., and I’m loving it.

I’m about two and a half months pregnant.

I don’t want this child.

So let's cut to the chase here.  Susan killed her baby, so she could continue her education.  It's really that simple.

Speaking of the abortion procedure itself, Susan says:

It’s really not so bad; in fact it’s not as invasive as going for monthly checkups when you’re pregnant.

Maybe it's just me, but this looks to be incredibly more invasive than a pre-natal examination. Your cervix is forced open, and you have a suction cannula 'gently' forced through the opening,  Then your baby is sucked out, piece by piece.  Then a currette is 'gently' forced through the open cervix, and the remaining 'products of conception' are scraped out.  Not invasive? image

Two years later, I’m driving upstate by myself. I look down and think that if I hadn’t had the abortion, there would be a baby seat next to me with a small child in it, resting comfortably, knowing it would always be safe because I was in charge.

Yes, there would have been a little boy or girl, safely tucked in the car seat, much like he or she was safely tucked in your womb.  You would give your life for that baby nestled safely in the car seat, yet you took that baby's life when it was nestled in your womb.

The difference between the baby in the womb, and the baby in the car seat, is that you can see one, and not the other.  It's the same baby, at a different stage of development.  When pro-choice women admit that to themselves and others, abortion will be looked at for what it is.  Killing for convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment