Sunday, March 6, 2011

Was this baby really 'one too many'?

A story on Fund Abortion Now caught my attention.  A woman finds herself pregnant for the 6th time, and opts to abort.  The story begins with "I love my big family...and I love my children too much to have another baby right now."

Sonia writes that her husband had recently been laid off, and that she works part-time, and may not be able to keep her job if she has another baby.  They pawned her wedding ring, his tools (which he needs to gain employment), plus several other household items, in order to get money together to pay for an abortion.

She then writes:
So now I pay the pawn shop every month to keep our things -- my wedding ring and my husband's tools are the only ones we can afford to pay on.  And if you miss a month, the payment is doubled from then on.  So we're stuck in this cycle.  We'll be paying for this abortion for a long time.
But the panic is gone.  The rest of it, well...we'll figure it out.  We'll do whatever we have to do to take care of our family.
I hope they can get their things back from the pawn shop.  Panic?  Indeed, I imagine they were in the state of panic.  It's sad that anyone would feel the need to end the life of their unborn child, because it came at an inconvienient time. 

How about we stop funding the coffers of abortion mills, and start funding families that need the most help.

No comments:

Post a Comment